This article outlines possible causes of the following common SMS notification error that you may encounter in the xMatters log files:
Notification Error;  Invalid destination address value
Possible causes of this error include:
- The phone number belongs to a prepaid user who does not have sufficient funds to receive an SMS message.
- The end user is not provisioned to receive SMS from all short codes or specific short codes.
- Note: T-Mobile does not deliver short-code SMS to any of its resellers' numbers.
- The phone number is deactivated.
- The destination address does not belong to the mobile operator. This often happens when a user switches carriers, such as from T-Mobile to AT&T, and the systems haven't fully updated yet.
We recommend contacting your carrier to discuss issues about receiving SMS, in general, or specifically from the xMatters short code.
xMatters internal reference:
DTN-6361 Originally by Daniel Thomas