We identified a backlog in the Integration Agent: a high number of events in the ACTIVE queue for a particular integration service.
- Integration Agent version 188.8.131.52
- BMC ProactiveNet Performance Manager integration
To resolve this issue, we took the following steps:
- Increased the logging, and then allowed the system to run for a bit under new logging to collect data:
- Increased logging levels (APXML, HTTP functions)
- Right-sized the number and size of the logs kept for each appender: 10 backup files, and 10MB each for Integration Agent and integration data logs
- Purged the Integration Agent queue:
- Stopped Integration Agent services (<IAHOME>/bin/shutdown.sh)
- Moved queue-related data out of the way.
- Renamed .mule to old-mule
- Renamed .activemq-data to old-activemq-data
- Started Integration Agetn services.
- Verified new events were being processed correctly.
This issue was caused by a break in communications between the Integration Agent and the xMatters On-Demand service, or possibly between the Integration Agent and the source system (if callbacks/annotation were enabled for the integration). The underlying cause of the communications break could be one of a number of separate issues.
xMatters internal reference: DOC-7955