For workflows that use the email trigger, how do I include the email subject in the message body of my xMatters notification?
All versions of xMatters
To add the triggering email subject to an xMatters notification you'll need to create a new property in your workflow:
- In the Workflows menu, click Workflows and select the workflow that you're initiating by email.
- Click the Properties tab.
- Click Create Property.
- Select the Text property type and click Next.
- Complete the required details, then click Create Property.
- Add the newly created field to the desired form's layout in your workflow,
- Click Messages and then edit each message to include this new property (make sure to click Save Changes once you're done).
- Click the Flows tab and select your workflow.
- On the Create Event step, click Edit. You'll now be able to add the email subject field to the step as required.
For a more detailed guide on flow triggers and how to configure them, see our online help.