This article explains how to add a new call-in script, "Integrity HelpDesk", to the default script package, and then specify the new call-in script as the default for a dedicated phone line in the web user interface.
You can create multiple call-in scripts to assign a different script to each of your Voice Device Engines, or to each of the voice lines in the phone engine. If you create a new script inside the existing CALLIN Script Package, the script will be included in the "Default Call-in Script" drop-down list on the Device Engine Details and Phone Line Details pages in the web user interface.
The following points are just some of the reasons you may have for creating another call-in script:
- You may want to test a new call-in script on a particular line before putting it into a production environment.
- You can create a new call-in script to disable authentication on particular lines, such as a public announcement line. The call-in script could then play a particular recording from xMatters for every caller.
- You may want to use this approach to segregate phone lines between Companies in a multi-Company deployment.
This article explains how to add a new call-in script, "Integrity HelpDesk", to the default script package, and then specify the new call-in script as the interaction script for a Device Engine or phone line in the web user interface. You can use the example provided here to generate new call-in scripts and assign them to phone lines or Device Engines in your deployment.
Note that this example uses a 4.0 Enterprise installation, with no changes to the Default Company script package. Your deployment may be different than what is shown here.
Adding a new call-in script requires the following steps:
- Create a new call-in script using the xMatters Developer IDE.
- Assign the call-in script to the Device Engine or phone line using the xMatters web user interface.
Creating a new call-in script
For the new call-in script to be available in the web user interface, you must create the script inside the existing CALLIN Script Package.
To create a new call-in script:
- Open the xMatters Developer IDE, and check out your Company scripts.
- Expand the callin (CALLIN) script package and double-click the callin script to open it in the Scripting pane.
- Select all of the code in the callin script and copy it to the clipboard.
- In the Workspace pane, right-click the CONTACT script, and select New Script.
- In the Script Properties dialog box, type the name for the script in the Name field, and then click OK.
- Note that the script is displayed in the web user interface using the template " - ". For example, "Default Company - callin".
- In the new script's window, paste the contents of the clipboard.
- Make any changes to the call-in script to customize it for the Device Engine or phone line to which you intend to assign it.
- To commit your changes, save your workspace, validate your changes, and check in the script package.
Assigning the call-in script to a component
Once you have created the new call-in script, you can assign it to a Phone Device Engine or a phone line in the web user interface.
To assign the new call-in script to a phone line:
- Log in to the Web User Interface as a Super Administrator.
- On the Admin tab, in the Configuration menu, click Nodes and Device Engines.
- On the Nodes page, in the All Nodes table, click the Device Engines link.
- On the All Components page, click the name of the Device Engine to view its details.
- On the Device Engine details page, do one of the following:
- To assign the call-in script to the Device Engine, click the Default Call-in Script drop-down list and select the call-in script you created in the previous section.
- To assign the call-in script to a single phone line, click Continue. On the Phone Line details page, click the Call-in Contact Script drop-down in the row for the line number to which you want to assign the script (and specify the remaining details) and then click Save.
JDN-2076 Originally created by Don Clark