After installing the the xMatters integration agent on Windows Server 2008, the Integration Agent Service fails to start automatically. This is because the Integration Agent Service is not created during installation.
After installing the xMatters integration agent, you must run a provided batch (.bat) file to install the Integration Agent Service. These steps need to be carried out only once.
To install the Service on Window Server 2008:
- While logged in as an administrator, open Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to the Integration Agent root folder (by default this is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\xMatters\IntegrationAgent\).
- Open the bin folder, which should include the install_service.bat file.
- Double-click the install_service.bat file (you may notice a black command prompt window will briefly appear onscreen).
- The Service is now installed, but not running (it will run automatically when Windows starts).
- To run the service without restarting, double-click start_service.bat (also located in the bin folder).
Originally created by Cameron Stewart