This integration is no longer supported because the management product is no longer supported by the vendor, and/or the version of xMatters used for the integration is no longer supported. The integration is available here for use and modification by the customer.
The following steps outline at a high level how an Alert triggers a notification, and how the response to that notification is resolved:
- CONTROL-M/EM generates an Alert, which is passed via the AlarmPoint Client binary to AlarmPoint Client.
- AlarmPoint Client submits the Alert details to AlarmPoint Agent.
- AlarmPoint Agent sends a message to AlarmPoint, which causes the actual notification to be sent.
- The person responds to the notification with a request to perform an action relating to the job that triggered the Alert.
- The request is routed back to the AlarmPoint Agent on the CONTROL-M/Server that detected the job fault.
- The AlarmPoint Agent executes the request action in a Response Action Script using CTMPSM.
The following components must be installed prior to installing the integration:
- BMC CONTROL-M/EM 6.1.03
- BMC CONTROL-M/Server 6.1.03
- BMC CONTROL-M/Agent 6.1.03
- xMatters 4.0 (patch 007 or later)
- xMatters Java Client 4.0 (patch 001 or later)
BMC CONTROL-M Integration Package (Includes Documentation Manual) - zip
Download (600 KB)
|BMC CONTROL-M Integration Package (Includes Documentation Manual) - tar.gz||
Download (593 KB)
JDN-1416 Originally created by Desi DosSantos
Download BMC Control-M Integration 1.1 Documentation Manual below: