I am trying to import data into xMatters using the Data Synchronization tool, but I'm not sure how to format my custom field data.
The following steps outline the most straightforward way to ensure that your custom field data is correctly formatted in the staging area. The staging area consists of a set of tables prefixed with "DS_".
It is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the Data Synchronization chapter in the xMatters (alarmpoint) engine installation and administration guide before performing any data synchronization.
To format custom field data for the Data Synchronization tool:
- If you have not yet installed the Data Synchronization tool, follow the instructions in the xMatters (alarmpoint) engine installation and administration guide to install the tool.
- Log in to the xMatters web user interface as an Administrator, and use the Add Users page to add two or three Users. Be sure to populate the custom fields with the same type of data that you would normally enter.
- Use one of the example scripts provided with the Data Synchronization tool (located in the\alarmpoint_datasync\example folder) to export the data you added. This will create and populate the staging tables with data formatted as it should appear in the database for your custom fields.
- Load your data into the created staging tables.
- Using the default scripts provided with the Data Synchronization tool, perform a data import.
JDN-1113 Originally created by Don Clark