My xMatters deployment is overloaded with a backlog of events and notifications; how do I clear out the backlog and start fresh?
This article provides a script that will clear the backlog of events and notifications from the database, freeing system resources.
To clear your database of backlogged notifications:
- Shut down all xMatters Nodes.
- Clear the xMatters integration agent queue. (For instructions, refer to the xMatters integration agent guide.)
- Using an SQL client, log in to the xMatters database as a schema owner.
- Do one of the following:
- For Oracle systems, execute the attached oracle_cleanup.sql script.
- For SQL Server systems, execute the attached sqlserver_cleanup.sql script.
- Restart the xMatters Nodes.
JDN-1098 Originally created by Don Clark