I am having an issue with an xMatters feature, but cannot find any information in the log files. Is there a way to improve the information in the log?
There are two ways to increase or improve the amount of information contained in the log files: increasing the level of detail recorded; or, generating a separate log file for each Device Engine.
To enable detailed logging:
- Log in to xMatters as a Super Administrator, and click the Admin tab.
- On the Admin tab, click Nodes and Device Engines.
- Do one or both of the following:
- Click the name of the Node for which you want to increase the logging level. On the Node Details page, in the Logging section, click the Log Level drop-down list and select Detailed. Click Save to apply the changes and return to the Nodes page.
- In the All Nodes table, click the Device Engines link for the Node you want to modify, and then click the name of the Device Engine for which you want to increase the logging. On the Device Engine Details page, in the Logging section, select the Generate Separate Log File check box, and then select Detailed in the Log Level drop-down list. Click Save to apply the changes and return to the Device Engines list. Repeat for each Device Engine you want to modify.
Note that the Detailed logging level outputs a high volume of data. This option is not recommended for high volume deployments as system performance may be adversely affected.
JDN-1055 Originally created by Don Clark