The current release of xMatters 5.0 installs all scripts in the Template Company. This allows the scripts to be updated via the patching process without affecting any customer-specific modifications that might have been made to Company-specific scripts. For authenticating Users on PSTN, the callin script must be added to the Company to which the User being authenticated belongs. This means that the PSTN line on which the User dials in must be configured to use the callin script for that Company.
To create a callin script in a Company, you must export the callin script from the Template Company, and add it to your Company.
To import the callin script:
- Download the attached script to your local machine.
- The attached script is the current default callin script included with xMatters 5.0 patch 008.
- Open your xMatters Developer IDE.
- If you haven't already, configure the Dev IDE to connect to your xMatters deployment as described in the Online Developers Guide.
- In the Developer IDE, click Workspace > Import, and then locate and select the callin APS file you downloaded in Step 1.
- In the drop-down list, select the Company into which you want to import the callin script, and then click OK.
- Validate and check in the script.
- Repeat for each Company that has an associated PSTN line.
The next step is to associate the callin script with the appropriate PSTN line in your Phone Device Engine.
To configure the callin script:
- Log in to the xMatters web user interface as a Super Administrator.
- Select Nodes and Device Engines > Device Engines, and then click the Phone Engine you want to configure.
- Select the correct script in the Default Call-in Script drop-down list, and then click Continue.
- For each phone line, update the Call-in Contact Script to the appropriate callin script for the Company to which the line is assigned.
- Save the Device Engine configuration.
- Restart the xMatters Node.
You should now be able to call in and authenticate your Users.
DTN-3203, XFO-3692, JDN-3832
Originally created by Don Clark