Originally created by Don Clark on Jan 31, 2013
The Engineering team has identified a potential issue when attempting to start the Phone Device Engine on an xMatters 5.0 patch 007 deployments on Windows. The phone engine fails to start, and returns the following error message in the <xMHOME>\logs\AlarmPoint.txt log file:
Message: Failed to initialize phone line 1. Failed to read the topaz profile file. java.io.FileNotFoundException: <xMHOME>\node\phone-engine\Datastore\VoiceConfiguration\ProfileConfig.txt (The system cannot find the file specified).
This issue occurs when the voice utility fails to create a required file, ProfileConfig.txt, because the utility cannot read the entries in the Windows Registry even though the keys are in the correct location. This is due to an underlying issue in the registry tool application.
To workaround this issue, you will need to remove the existing registry settings, and replace them with the attached .reg file.
To resolve this issue:
- On your Windows machine, stop the xMatters Node service.
- Open the Windows Control Panel and navigate to the Programs and Features section.
- Uninstall the xMatters 5.0 Registry Tool application.
- Download the attached xmatters-registry-5.0.7.reg file and open it in a text editor.
- Ensure the following path (line 6 of the .reg file) points to the xMatters installation folder on your deployment; note the required double backslashes:
"Home Directory"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\xMatters\\node\\phone-engine"
- Save and close the file.
- Double-click the edited .reg file to add the entries to the Windows Registry.
- Restart the xMatters Node.
This issue will be addressed in the next 5.0 patch release (5.0 patch 008), but customers who have installed 5.0 patch 007 will need to follow these instructions even after applying the next update. You can also uninstall your 5.0 patch 007 deployment, and reinstall it using the 5.0 patch 008 installer when it becomes available.
DTN-3194, XFO-3676, JDN-3756
Originally created by Don Clark