Some xMatters users have reported that they were not able to receive SMS notifications from xMatters' 66936 short code on their Sprint-subscribed mobile phones.
This issue is primarly due to the way that many of the US carriers have started aggressively filtering SMS messages in an attempt to mitigate or reduce the amount of spam messages on their networks. By default, Sprint blocks SMS text messages from some short codes to some of their subscribers.
Fortunately, by specifically allowing the 66936 short code to send messages to their devices, Sprint subscribers can unblock xMatters notifications.
From your phone
- On your Sprint device, open your SMS messaging app.
- Text the following message to 9999:
On the web
- Navitate to sprint.com and sign in to your account with your name and password.
- Click the My Preferences tab, and then, under Limits and Permissions, click Block Texts.
- Select the device on which you want to unblock messages.
- A Restricted symbol indicates that the phone is currently restricted.
- To unblock or allow all services, click Do not block any text messages.
- To allow text messages from specific numbers, select Allow only the following numbers for inbound or outbound messages, and add 66936 to the list of permitted numbers.
If you are still having problems receiving texts from the 66936 xMatters short code (or if you are encountering this same problem on a network other than Sprint), call your service provider's Customer Service line and ask them to enable or unblock messages from 66936.
xMatters internal reference: ZD-100751, DTN-4029