If you use email notifications with response links to notify users, it's possible that malware protection (antivirus) software can affect response processing by xMatters.
This is because some malware protection software, such as Proofpoint, scans incoming email and automatically follows links found in the email content (and sometimes even overwrites the links). So, by the time a user clicks on their response choice from the email notification, the actual URL of that response may have been invoked several times.
What can you do?
- In the Exchange Admin center, go to Mail flow > Rules.
- Create a rule named "Bypass xMatters ATP Links".
- Apply this rule to "Senders IP address is in the range":
22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11
- Leave the following set message header 'X-MS-Exchange-Organization-Skip-SafeLinksProcessing' with a value of 1.
- Select a low severity level to audit this rule.
- Click Save.
Alternatively, consult with your malware protection software vendor about how to configure your settings to avoid incorrect responses to xMatters notifications.
DTN-4735 Originally by Denis Sodol