Our guided developer workshops provide free, interactive, hands-on training for developers to learn about different methods for integrating with xMatters and building out their toolchains.
We're currently offering these different types of our free Developer Workshops:
During this free workshop, an experienced xMatters consultant will discuss multiple business challenges and share in-depth recommendations for how to solve them with xMatters integrations. We'll go over:
- The different types of integrations available
- An introduction to the xMatters Integration Builder platform
- REST APIs
- The xMatters Agent for integrating with on-premise software
To get the most possible out of these free workshops, you should:
- Have Company Supervisor rights (or at least the Developer role) within your xMatters instance; and,
- API access in the tool or management system you'd like to integrate with.
This free integration workshop is your chance to get hands-on with the xMatters REST API. We will explore the components of making REST API calls into xMatters and test drive 9 different xMatters endpoints. No experience using REST Web Services is required. An experienced xMatters consultant will provide resources and take you through the xMatters REST API in detail.
In this free workshop, we'll cover the following topics:
- Components of REST: Authentication, Headers, Verbs, etc.
- xMatters REST API Endpoints:
- Get People
- Get Who is on Call
- Get Events
- Get a Site
- Create a Group
- Modify a Group
- Delete a Group
- Get Device Names
- Creating New Events
- Using the xMatters Postman API collection
- Troubleshooting API Problems
- The mechanics of creating your own integration
- A basic, repeatable approach for creating two-way integrations
- How to configure inbound and outbound integration scripts
- Time to create a new integration of your own!