If we delete a group in xMatters, can we save the schedules or shifts so that we can load it back once the group is re-created by ServiceNow?
All versions of xMatters
There is no way to export and re-import shift schedules, it is not recommended to delete groups and have ServiceNow re-create them.
You can have ServiceNow take ownership of an existing group.
Here are the steps to implement this:
- Turn off Dynamic Sync from Integration - xMatters > xMatters Configuration > Data Sync
- Assign the x_xma_xmatters.xmatters roles to all users and groups that need to owned by xMatters.
- Run the group sync script attached. (SNowGroups.rtf)
- Run the user sync script attached. (SNowUsers.rtf)
- Turn on Dynamic sync from Integration - xMatters > xMatters Configuration > Data Sync
After the change, you should be able to add/remove users and the current shift schedule will not be affected.
Please be sure to consult with your ServiceNow administrator if you are unfamiliar working with scripts in your ServiceNow environment.