How do I add users in xMatters and let them know they've been added?
As demonstrated in the following video and instructions, the main steps to setting up users in xMatters are:
- Add users: Add users by entering their first name, last name, email address, and by assigning each user a role from a drop-down list of available options. Roles set the permission levels and access rights for the user.
- Send users a welcome message (optional): Let users know about their new xMatters account by sending a default or customized welcome message.
- Add users to groups (optional): Assign the users to an existing group or create a new group so you can notify them about events.
- On the xMatters dashboard, click Users.
- On the Users page, click Add Users.
- Fill in the user's first name, last name, and email address.
- Select the user's role from the drop-down menu.
- The role you assign to a user determines what they can see and do when they log into xMatters. (For more information on the available roles and what they allow users to do, see Roles.)
- To add another user, select the Add Another User check box.
- Click Add User.
Send a welcome message (optional)
After you've added users, xMatters displays the New Users screen with a list of the users you've just added. You can optionally send these users an email to let them know about their xMatters account.
- On the New Users screen, select the users you want to send a welcome message to.
- From the task bar that appears at the top of the list, click the Welcome Message drop-down and select one of the following:
- Send Default Message: Send a generic message with the user's account details and basic information about xMatters.
- Customize Message: Edit the subject, body, and signature of the default message so it sounds like it's coming from your company rather than xMatters.
Add users to groups (optional)
After you've added users, you can also optionally add them to a group from the New Users screen. (If you don't want to add users to a group right away, or the users will belong to multiple groups, you can always do this later from the Users page.) For more information, see Manage groups.
- On the New Users screen, select the users you want to add to a group.
- From the task bar that appears at the top of the list, click Add to Group.
- The Add to Group window opens with the New Group tab selected.
- To create a new group, add the name and a description for a new group and click Create. The group is created and all the users are added to it.
- To add users to an existing group, select the Existing Group tab.
- Use the search bar to find an existing group.
- Select which shift to add the new users to and click Add to Group.
For more information on shift schedules, see View and manage shifts.
Questions or comments?
To discuss or ask questions please post on our Community.
Check out the next article in our Getting Started series: Setting up an on-call Schedule.