How do I set up my devices in xMatters?
All versions of xMatters On-Demand
As demonstrated in the following video and instructions, the main steps to setting up your devices in xMatters are:
- Add your devices: Enter the contact information for each of your devices. In this example, we'll show you how easy it is to add the xMatters mobile app to your list of devices.
- Send a test message: Send a test message to confirm your device is correctly configured and that you're able to receive xMatters notifications.
- Configure the device escalation timeline: Once you've added all your devices, arrange them in the order you want to be contacted and specify how long xMatters should wait before notifying the next device in the list.
Add your devices
- Click your username at the top-right corner of the page.
- In the drop-down menu, click Devices.
- On the Devices page, click Add Device and select the type of device you want to add from the drop-down menu - in this example, we selected Mobile App.
- Install the mobile app for iOS or Android and open it on your device.
- On the app sign-in screen, tap Log In with QR Code.
- Use your device to scan the QR code displayed on your screen in the web user interface.
For more information about adding the xMatters mobile app, see Get the xMatters mobile app.
Send a test message
- On the Devices page, click the Not Tested drop-down menu next to the device you want to test.
- From the drop-down menu, click Send Test Message.
- When you receive the test notification on your device respond to it, xMatters marks the device as "Tested".
Configure the device escalation timeline
- If your devices aren't already in the order you want to be contacted, reorder them by dragging them to a new position in the list.
- To add a wait time between devices, click the clock icon that appears on the device timeline in between devices.
- Type in the number of minutes for xMatters to wait before notifying the next device in the list.
For more information about managing your devices, such as setting device timeframes (when each device is available to receive notifications from xMatters), priority thresholds (configuring a device to accept only a certain priority level message), or failsafe devices (for situations where you need to be notified outside of your device timeframes), see Manage your devices.
Questions or comments?
To discuss or ask questions, please post in our Community.
Read the next article in our Getting Started series: Creating a new user in xMatters Free & Trial