How do I enable and configure extensions for our office phones?
All versions of xMatters On-Demand
To enable and configure phone extensions, you must be a company supervisor.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the main Company Details page, scroll down to the Phone Extensions section.
- Select the Override Global Setting and Enable Extensions checkboxes.
- Set values for the following fields:
- Extension Dial Delay: Specify the length of time (in milliseconds) to wait after the call connects before dialing the extension.
- Initial Prompt Delay: Specify the length of time (in milliseconds) to wait before playing the initial prompt when the extension picks up.
- Delay After Prompt: Specify the length of time (in milliseconds) to wait before repeating the prompt if the Number of Prompts is configured to be greater than one. Once prompts are exhausted the call will enter the voice mail flow and leave a message, hang up, or call back depending on configuration.
- Number of Prompts: Specify how many times the system plays the prompt and delay before entering the voice mail flow.
- Save the configuration.
When the voice device is configured in the user profile, users can also add commas in the extension field to add additional pauses when dialing. Commas can be added before, within or after the number to customize delays.