How do I enable and configure extensions for our office phones?
- All versions of xMatters
To enable and configure phone extensions, you must be a company supervisor.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the main Company Details page, scroll down to the Phone Extensions section.
- Select the Override Global Setting and Enable Extensions check boxes.
- Set values for the following fields:
- Extension Dial Delay: Specify the length of time (in milliseconds) to wait after the call connects before dialing the extension.
- Initial Prompt Delay: Specify the length of time (in milliseconds) to wait before playing the initial prompt when the extension picks up.
- Delay After Prompt: Specify the length of time (in milliseconds) to wait before repeating the prompt if the Number of Prompts is greater than one. Once prompts are exhausted, the call will enter the voice mail flow and leave a message, hang up, or call back depending on configuration.
- Number of Prompts: Specify how many times the system plays the prompt and delay before entering the voice mail flow.
- Save your changes.
When configuring a voice device in the user profile, you can add commas in the extension field to add additional pauses when dialing before, within, or after the number to customize delays.