When trying to respond to an SMS on an Android device, we see a "Failure to send" error on the phone.
Android devices using SMS with xMatters
Android has a feature to allow premium messages to be sent or not. To access this setting:
- From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps.
- These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
- Navigate: Settings > Apps .
- Ensure All apps is selected (upper-left).
- If necessary, tap the Dropdown icon then select All.
- Tap the Menu icon (upper-right).
- Tap Special access.
- Tap Use Premium text message services.
- The apps listed will vary and only appear if they've previously been used for premium messaging.
- Tap the app then select Ask or Always allow.
For xMatters to send an SMS, this must be set to either Ask or Always allow. Users must say yes to the prompt if asked or allow SMS responses to be sent from our notifications.