Someone is taking my next on call shift and is set as my temporary replacement. In the future, I'll be replacing another person but the notification goes to the person that is currently replacing me – I would like to be notified instead.
- User A is currently replaced by User B.
- User C sets User A as their temporary replacement for a future shift.
- User B gets a notification that they are replacing User C.
User B is not replacing User A for all future shifts. In this scenario, User A should receive the notification instead of User B.
All versions of xMatters
Replacements can be set as follows:
- Replacements for specific groups - When you configure a replacement to cover you for specific groups during your absence, any notifications targeting those groups are sent to your replacement. This includes subscription notifications that target you based on your membership in a group. You still receive any notifications that target you or your devices directly.
- Replacement for all groups - When you configure a replacement to cover you for 'All Groups', any notifications that target you as part of a group or directly as a user are sent to your replacement. This includes subscription notifications that target you as a user or based on your membership in a group. You still receive any notifications that target your devices directly.
In order to have temporary notifications sent to you, rather than the person currently replacing you, set replacements to use "Specific groups" instead of "All groups".
For more information on setting temporary replacements, see the online help.