Is it possible to add/remove/change the device types seen in xMatters? For example, can I add more e-mail devices? Can I rename Office Phone to Office Mobile?
All versions of xMatters On-Demand
You'll need to open a Support ticket so our Customer Support team can assist in making these kinds of modifications. There are a few rules however:
- Free and Trial environments have a set list of device types that cannot be modified.
- We cannot rename a device type, although we can add one, remove it, or rename it to almost anything (within reason).
- Before we can remove a device type, all users that have a device of that type must have the device removed from their profile. The most efficient way to find this information is to do a user export from the Users tab. You can then sort the data by device type and see how many exist, or search the CSV for the device type in question. You can then update the CSV to remove the devices from users, and use the User Upload to update the environment.
- Note: if users are added via a data sync, you need to removed the devices from the sync source and any processes that will set them before you remove them from users' profiles.
- The types of devices we can create are limited to the main device types (SMS, phone, email, pager).