Can we control whether the mobile app can override the device's Do not disturb mode? It's important so we don't miss critical alerts!
All versions of xMatters
xMatters mobile app for Android
The Android mobile app can already do this. By going to the app's settings (open the app and then tap Settings > Notification Settings> System Settings) you can see options on how to treat High/Medium/Low priority events. By digging into each of those settings (press and hold to open the sub-menu for each option) you can:
- Set the style for the alert (Sound and pop-up, Sound, Silent or Silent and minimized)
- Set the sound you want to hear
- Turn vibrate on or off
- Blink the light on the device
- Show an app icon badge
- How to treat a locked screen (Show content, Hide content or Don't show notifications)
- Ignore Do not disturb <<< this specifically is your target. Turn this on and the app will override the Do not disturb setting.
A note for iOS users: We're still working on this feature for the iOS mobile app - stay tuned!