My Mobile App device not show up under My Devices. How can I get it to appear in list of My Devices?
- All versions of xMatters
- iOS and Android Mobile Application
If you have already added the xMatters Mobile App, but you don't see it under My Devices, ensure that the Push Notifications setting is turned on:
- Open the xMatters Mobile App on your device.
- Go to Settings > Notification Settings.
- Ensure Push Notifications is turned on.
- Your device should now appear in the list.
The purpose of the mobile app device is to send Push notifications to the mobile app. If Push notifications is disabled there's no need to push anything down so that leaves a user with the ability to check for anything destined to them manually. That also requires them to have some other device enabled in their user profile to be able to be targeted for notification.
Applies to iOS and Android app