How does xMatters manage and secure customer data against unexpected loss?
- All versions of xMatters
xMatters ensures customer data is backed up and secured in multiple ways to guard against data loss in the event of data-impacting incidents where disaster recovery and system restoration measures are necessary.
- Snapshots of storage devices containing customer data are taken every hour and stored for 24 hours.
- Realtime backups of our storage clusters are taken continuously and encrypted within a Google Cloud Storage Bucket.
- Each customer instance is backed up daily, then encrypted and stored within a Google Cloud Storage Bucket. Daily backups older than 7 days are automatically removed.
- Every week, the most recent daily backup is stored as a weekly backup. Weekly backups older than 31 days are automatically removed.
- Real-time and daily backups are frequently restored to a new cluster to confirm their viability.
- Customer backups are encrypted using public-key encryption. Cryptographic hashes are performed on the backup and stored as metadata to confirm the consistency of the decrypted backup prior to any restoration.
Backup and restore
- While xMatters can restore data as part of a system-wide recovery operation, we cannot offer instance-specific data restoration. For more information, refer to Data backup and restore limitations.